Forgiveness will be one of the hardest tasks we will ever attempt. As a result, God has left us some Bible Verses on Forgiveness to help us on our journey. Due to the difficulty of forgiveness, it takes our very death of self to achieve such a divine task. As we forgive, we rid our victims of their wrong to the point where it’s like it never happened. We throw their sins in the sea of forgetfulness.
Many people live with the toxic possession of an unforgiving heart. Yet this poison will kill the very nature of God within us . We must forgive, not for the one who did us wrong, but for own own well being. Forgiveness not only makes us right with God – but it also makes our hearts and lives right. When we forgive we permit God to also be merciful towards us.
Forgive Like God
We see God how He deals with us. He forgets our sins as if they never happened. The Bible says that as far as the east is from the west, has has removed our sins far from us. What a marvelous privilege, that after all the filth and the mess we indulge in, we can be set free. God requires us to extend this privilege to each other.
The following Bible verses show God’s requirements for forgiveness and also how God is merciful towards us when we are wrong. Make they help you to be a better forgiver.
Here is my list of ’15 Bible Verses On Forgiveness.’
1. Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
2. Matthew 5:23-24 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.”
3. Matthew 18: 21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
When I ponder on this verse I can really identify with it. There was a time when I was bestowed with the difficult task of forgiveness. What I found in that time was that forgiveness takes time and effort. Perhaps that is why we have to forgive so often. We must keep forgiving until we get it right.
In the truest sense, we must get to a place where we do not hold any grudge against anyone. In this way forgiveness will no longer be necessary. This is the same when we learn to have no expectations of others, which will prevent us from being truly disappointed. When we don’t have to trust anyone then trust issues will be gone, similarly when we do not hold any grudge then forgiveness issues will be gone.
4. Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
5. Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
6. Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
7. Ephesians 1:7 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.”
See also : Forgiveness Is Kindness
8. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
9. Daniel 9:9 “The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.”
10. Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more …”
11. Isaiah 1: 18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.'”
12. Micah 7:18-19 “Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.”
13. Hebrews 10:17 “Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
14. Jeremiah 31: 34 “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
15.Hebrew 9:22 “In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness“
Forgiveness is love and love is kind. The greatest act of kindness that we can as a result give is our forgiveness. It takes time and patience but all things are possible to him that believes. Summon the grace of God in your situation and make it your duty to forgive. Be Blessed!