Forgiveness will be one of the hardest tasks we will ever attempt. As a result, God has left us some Bible Verses on Forgiveness to help us on our journey. Due to the difficulty of forgiveness, it takes our very death of self to achieve such a divine task. As we forgive, we rid our victims of their wrong to the point where it’s like it never happened. In order for us to do this, we must receive the grace to forgive because only the grace of God can do.
Many people live daily with the toxic possession of an unforgiving heart. This poison will kill the very nature of love within you if it stays long enough. You must forgive, not for the one who did you wrong, but for your own well being. We see God how He deals with us. He forgets our sins as if they never happened.
The following Bible verses show God’s requirements for forgiveness and also how God is merciful towards us when we are wrong.
Here is my list of ’15 Bible Verses On Forgiveness.’
1. Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
2. Matthew 5:23-24 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.”
3. Matthew 18: 21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
4. Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
5. Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
6. Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
7. Ephesians 1:7 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.”
8. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
9. Daniel 9:9 “The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.”
10. Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more …”
11. Isaiah 1: 18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.'”
12. Micah 7:18-19 “Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.”
13. Hebrews 10:17 “Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
14. Jeremiah 31: 34 “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
15.Hebrew 9:22 “In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness“
Forgiveness is love and love is kind. The greatest act of kindness that we can as a result give is our forgiveness. It takes time and patience but all things are possible to him that believes. Summon the grace of God in your situation and make it your duty to forgive. Be Blessed!