There is a great responsibility given to husbands that no other party can successfully fulfill. Husbands are to love their wives and be as a sacrificial lamb to his family. In a world that has lessened the value of family and marriage, one of the hardest things to do is to be a husband. Even though this task is so difficult, there are some exemplary husbands that are able to lead their families into the righteousness of our God.
The following are some quotes and scriptures that I hope will empower you to be a better husband or will enlighten you to empower a husband. Be blessed!
2. “A man’s success is measured by what his wife and children say about him. Money and accomplishments mean nothing if you let your home fail.”- Tony Gaskins
3. “A strong marriage rarely has two strong people at the same time. It is a husband and wife who take turns being strong for each other in the moments when the other feels weak.” – Ashley Willis
I particularly like this quote from Ashley Willis. I always wonder “who will help the broken, when everyone is broken?” In other words, what happens when both the husband and wife are weak. The obvious thing to do in this situation is to seek outside help, but what happens if outside help is not readily available at the moment?
I find that the only true strength of any marriage is when God is in the center. This way, God is always supporting the family, even in the moment when both individuals are weak and weary. This doesn’t take away from this truth, that when one spouse is weak, the other can be the greatest source of strength. It is only security for the family, that in the worst of times, God is there.
4. The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say. -Alfred Hitchcock
6. “Husbands too, deserve to be spoiled. Told they are handsome. Told their efforts are appreciated and should also be made to feel secure. If he is doing his best to treat you like a queen, do your best to treat him as a King. His need to feel loved and appreciated is REAL.” -Aushra Ledesma
7.The place of a husband can never be replaced. God made husbands to be the other half of wives. -Orlando Rowe
8. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
We live in a very sad part of history, when it comes to marriage and family. Divorce is the great plague that has been robbing the children of God of the joy of a beautiful home. The rate of divorce is almost 50 percent, that means that in every ten marriages, 5 will end in divorce. To make matters worse, these figures are the same in the church.
We live in a world that is filled with broken homes. A world where single mothers make up a high percentage of our homes and young potential husbands make up most of our prison populations.
The family needs help and the mantle has been placed in the husband’s hands. I believe that if husbands lead their families to the throne of God and cry out to Him, then He will hear us, and mend our families.
If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and then turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
I have had my own share of brokenness, and I know how hard it can be. A broken man cannot make a successful husband. A broken man must go to God in his great need, and the great Jehovah is able to fix the unfixable with His Love.
10. Husbands, God is the Great Husband. Look to Him for guidance. – Orlando Rowe
Consider sharing these quotes to a husband you know. Be blessed!